I am coming up on 80 years old. Since I will be asking the doctor for answers to my problems I thought it only fair to follow his advice. His advice is to lose weigh and exercise. I have been struggling with my weight my entire life. Yo ..Yo isn't the right word for me as I kept my weigh off for years at a time. However! after menopause the number of calories to maintain my weight at 50 pounds was 800. This I could not do and got discouraged.But now I decided to follow 1200 calories a day, not for weight loss but for a contract with myself. I decided not to weigh myself as that is what got me discouraged.When I stopped losing I stopped dieting.
So now I follow 1200 calories and do not weigh myself. It has been over six months. As my husband and I have been eating a healthy low fat diet there were not many changes. I keep a record. I weigh my foods. I think that a diabetic does this and so can I. Funnily, it hasn' t been that difficult as being retired give you all the time you need.
The second piece, exercise hasn't been as easy. My muscles are sore and slow me down. I have a treadmill and use it. I am active in the house and garden. I limit sitting to an hour here and there.I don't consider what I do much of a program but am working on it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment